Today was full of moments that I would classify in the “experiences of a lifetime” category. Heres a quick rundown of what we did today:
- Visited a Embera-Wounan tribal village
- Got a personal tour of the village
- Spoke with many families in the village who have children with disabilities
- Had a few tribal dances performed for us
- Ate an authentic Panamanian meal served from the giant bowl of rice the entire village also ate for lunch
- Being dressed up in the traditional Wa (skirt) of the Embera-Wounan women
- Got our van stuck in the mud and having to have some of the men from the village help to push us out
- Got permission from the four tribal chiefs of a Kuna village to visit/ film the village later in the week
- Continued to bond with my awesome team– we have so much fun, and who wouldn’t with a day like this!
We started out the day early and traveled in the van 3 hours to the first village. We spent all morning and a little bit of the afternoon with them. They were the nicest people, who opened us all with open arms. It’s been a long day, so its off to bed. Tomorrow is another full day in Panama!